Thursday, May 17, 2012

34 Weeks

34 Weeks
How far along? 34 weeks... 6 weeks to go!!
Total weight gain: 23lb.- I don't normally weight myself at home, so we will see what the Dr. says next week!
Maternity clothes: Right now I am loving wearing Blake's big t-shirts. Nothing is too comfy, so just having a baggie shirt on to relax is nice. I still enjoy dressing up in my cute maternity clothes when I go out though! :)
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: I am on a "regular" sleep pattern of waking up at about 3 and 5 every night.... wonder if this has anything to do with Caroline's sleep schedule. Haha! We will soon see!
Best moment this week: Blake was out of town at the beginning of the week... and no, that is not the highlight of my week. Haha! But because he was gone, I went to Mobile and got to spend a few days with my parents. Most of the time it was just me and Mom because Dad was also out of town! We had lots of fun girl time... I am so so thankful for my mom and all she means to me (happy late mother's day from the blog!). I have been so blessed to have a wonderful mom who I also consider my best friend. I really enjoyed this special time we got to spend together and look forward to having that mother-daughter bond with Caroline!
Miss anything? Comfort... of all kinds. Haha! Comfort in sleeping, walking, wearing clothes, bending down to tie your shoes, breathing a deep breath... Ok, I am done with my complaining list. I am really trying to have a positive attitude and not focus on the minor  discomforts of pregnancy. According to my phone app, Caroline is the size of a cantaloupe this week. A cantaloupe. Seriously--- think about carrying around a ~20lb. cantaloupe that wiggles and kicks in your stomach. Yes, that is what it feels like. Haha! I know she doesn't weight 20 lb, but having all that weight in my belly now makes me feel like the top muscles of my stomach are about to rip off, to put it nicely! I forgot what I was even supposed to be writing about. Ok. Back on subject... so I guess I just miss being comfortable.
Movement: Yes! I can definitely tell when she is awake or asleep now. Although she likes to randomly kick me all day, her most active times are normally in the morning around 8 or 9 and then at night around 9 or 10.
Food cravings: Pancakes... and we had them tonight for dinner! YUMMY!!
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Gender: Girl!!
Labor signs: No... just some braxton hicks.
Symptoms: I am not sure if I have talked about this before... but I have the dark line (linea nigra, for those nurses out there) in the middle of my abdomen. It has been there for a long time now, but I couldn't remember if I mentioned it. It is so interesting what hormones can do to your body!! I wonder how long it will take for the line to go away after she is born...? Anyone know?
Belly button in or out? Out
Wedding rings on or off? Off
Looking forward to: My baby shower in Mobile is this weekend!!! I am so excited about getting to see everyone who is able to come and catching up with friends!
I forgot to tell about our hospital tour last week... It was a lot of fun! The lady who took us around basically did a mini labor class in the middle of the tour! Haha! Blake learned some new things and got to see some brand new babies in the nursery! It was a long tour, but I am glad we now know what the room will look like. It makes it easier to really picture her being born and being in our arms... I can't wait!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment