Saturday, May 1, 2010

I HAVE A JOB!!

I have a job... not just any job-- THE JOB that I really wanted! All praise and glory to the Lord! He is so good and so faithful. I will soon be a labor and delivery night nurse at Baptist East in Montgomery, working 7pm-7am, 3 days a week. It is only about a 45 minute drive from Auburn, so it won't be too far. The Baptist East facility is magnificent!! I can't even tell you how amazing it is! It is a 16 bed L&D floor with 3 OR's for c-sections. I cannot wait to start working now... and I will officially start June 1st. Woo hoo!! =) 

I am amazed more and more each day by how perfect the Lord's timing is! Tuesday night, I had a "mini melt-down" with Blake about getting a job. I understand in my heart that the Lord will provide and that I just need to be patient and have faith... but sometimes my mind doesn't "get it." So after praying together Tuesday night that I would be patient and trust the Lord with my job, I was woken up (literally...) Wednesday morning to Baptist East offering me a job. (Give me some slack, she called at 8:15 and I had my alarm set at 8:30... I wasn't snoozing too late. haha!) I can only imagine what the Lord thought Tuesday night as I cried about wanting to have a job.... "Just wait until the morning. It's all coming in My perfect timing." And it did!!

I had also interviewed for an OB position in Columbus about a month ago. So I called HR and told them that I had been offered another position and would like to know if they were going to offer me a position or not. They called me on Thursday with an offer to be OB night nurse. WOW! The Lord just didn't provide me with one job, but He gave me options! haha! I was amazed to say the least. I was a bit torn because I really did love both hospitals while they were very different. I weighed my options, talked it through, and prayed about it until I came to the decision that I was going to work at Baptist East. Let me tell you that the length of the L&D floor is the size of a football field. True story. The rooms are also soooo big and soooo nice! It is also the 4th busiest L&D in the state. They deliver about 300 babies a month!! I am soooo pumped about being a part of this hospital! I can't wait to tell you all about it after I start.

So now, I have a little less than 2 weeks until I graduate. And exactly 1 month until I start working full time. I can already tell that May is going to fly by so quickly! I can't believe I am graduating college. I felt like that day would never get here. So for now, I am enjoying time to relax before I have to start my "big girl" job.

For those of you who don't know, Blake and I are moving at the end of the summer so that Blake's sisters can live in the trailer. Because I got a job this week, we made our final decision about where we will be living... so I will save that topic for next time. =) Hope you all have had a fantastic weekend!

3 comments:

  1. So so so very proud and happy for you. :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay katherine!!!! I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kATHERINE i HAVE BEEN A LABOR AND DELIVERY NURSE FOR 22 YEARS. iT IS SUCH A REWARDING PART OF NURSING YOU HAVE YOUR SAD TIMES BUT THE HAPPY TIMES FAR OUTWEIGH THEM. EVERY DAY THATI WORK I THANK GOD BIRTH IS SUCH A MIRACLE AND PRAY FOR THE FAMILIES AND THEIR NEW BORN. I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK.

    ReplyDelete