Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Monkey Bread

So... I have a bit of a humorous story to share with you. Yesterday was "brinner" (breakfast for dinner) at Tuesday Night Gamers. I decided to make one of my all time favorites- Monkey Bread!! So this was the first time I have made it. I realized late Monday night that the bread has to sit out for about 10 hours to rise sufficiently. Well, I didn't have the bread yet, so I got up early Tuesday and went grocery shopping. I came home, got all the ingredients put together and had it rising by about 8 AM. Mom said it would be a good idea to keep it in the oven just so it wouldn't get too cold sitting out in the kitchen. I put it in the oven and then proceeded to work around the house. I went to check it at 10 AM and this is what I found...



Let me remind you... it is supposed to rise for 10 hours and it had only been 2 hours!!!

I was a little surprised and didn't quite know what to think. I poked it down a little with my finger over the saran wrap and it deflated a little bit. I then decided to leave it out on the counter. It continued to rise like a champ for the rest of the afternoon. So then it came time to bake it... I popped it in the oven and continued to watch it for the 30 minutes it was in there. I then took it out and turned it over onto a platter... and this is the final result:





I have to say it tasted pretty yummy!! Success.

3 comments:

  1. This monkey bread looks fantastic! Sorry we missed it last night :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Looks like you did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so so good! We should do dinner this week. I leave for the Summer so soon!

    ReplyDelete