Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Introducing... The Singer CE-250 Futura

 Ta Da!! Here is my new love! For graduation, my parents gave me money to buy a sewing machine (along with the CUTEST sewing basket ever!! It was also filled with some supplies!). So, I looked around at a few stores here in town and just couldn't find that perfect machine for me. I then went to the internet to do some research. The Singer CE-250 Futura had all the features I wanted... sewing, embroidery, and an affordable price!!

I searched online and found a GREAT deal on it! It also came with some amazing software that basically will let me turn anything (clip art, fonts, pictures) into embroidery... Woo hoo!! If you can't already tell, I am pretty pumped about this machine! 

One thing I must admit... I have never sewn anything before. I take that back. I have sewn a few buttons (which I had to call my Mom to get her to talk me through it step by step). =/ I know, I know- I have a TON to learn!! But I am sooo excited about learning how to use all the bells and whistles my machine has to offer.

So pretty soon, I believe this blog will be turned into a craft show with all the projects I want to do. I can't wait!! =) I really want to be able to use my machine to make gifts and just be crafty. My sister-in-law Leslie has an amazing sewing/embroidery machine and she has made some incredible gifts and things for her home. I will definitely need to take some lessons from her and my mom! Well hopefully my machine will be in the mail soon and get here some time next week. I will definitely let you know when it arrives... it will be a HUGE day around the Thaxton house! Before it gets here, I think I'll do a little web searching for some simple first-time projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment