Thursday, May 27, 2010

My first sewing project... COMPLETE!!

Hello everyone! My last blog entry was about picking out a sewing machine. Since that post, I have graduated college, gotten lots of amazing graduation gifts, and bought a sewing machine (which is mainly a gift from my parents)!! I was so so so excited when it came Tuesday night. I didn't get to play with it much that night, but I figured out the basics of threading the bobbin, inserting the bobbin, and threading the machine. I had more time Wednesday to start working on my first project... "Super Easy T-Shirt Scarf" (Go check out Ruffles & Stuff blog if you are interested in any kind of sewing projects... she's wonderful!!)

So I began by picking a T-shirt that I never wear... not to hard to find one considering I have 3 drawers full of T-shirts. I picked this navy blue one so I can wear it to Auburn games in the fall.


I then started cutting the t-shirt up into 4 inch squared. This part was a little tricky for my because I don't have any fancy measuring mat or cutting device. So it took awhile to cut up 24 squares.


After I cut up 24 squares, I pieced them together with the corner of one coming to the middle of the next square. I pinned them together and went to town with my machine!!

I should have begun by saying that I have never... NEVER... never sewn anything before in my life. I was a little nervous, but it really wasn't difficult!

I used a zig-zag stitch to give it some pizazz! haha! You can't really even see the stitching, so it really doesn't matter which stitch you use.


Ta Da!!!! Here is the finished product!! Let me know what you think... =)


2 comments:

  1. Very, very cute! It will be even cuter after you wash it and the edges curl (knit does that). You'll need to get a rotary cutter and mat next.

    ReplyDelete