Thursday, March 13, 2014

13 Weeks

March 5

1. I FINISHED MY FIRST HALF MARATHON!!!! I did the Albany Georgia Half, which is known for being a flat course- yay! My goal was to finish in under 2 hours and 15 minutes. I finished in 2:13:26... perfect!! I had a great time running but was very happy to see that finish line! :)




Finally at the finish line!! It was a beautiful course with the finish line right on the Flint River. I am so happy to have this one in the books!

2. Blake and I had our first night both away from Caroline. Thank you, Colonel and Janny, for keeping Caroline!! We went to Albany on Friday night and back home Saturday. It was a really quick trip, but a nice time to have to ourselves!

3. I had been craving Cracker Barrel soooo much! I was specifically craving their biscuits. So after the half, Blake and I had a nice brunch date. I got a HUGE breakfast and it was so yummy!! I was so glad that Albany had a Cracker Barrel so I could fix my craving!

4. Friday night, we enjoyed some carb-loading and a nice dinner date at Olive Garden! Yes, Blake gladly joined in on my carb-loading Haha!

5. One of Blake's co-workers from out of town stayed with us and brought us an awesome gift basket. Included was some pickled okra which is DELICIOUS!! Blake can't stand anything pickled, so the whole jar is MINE! Yum! Ok... my last three things have been about food. Haha! I guess I am really enjoying eating at this point in my pregnancy.

6. We cannot think of ANY girl names, so we may need some baby name books soon.

7. People keep asking if I think it is a boy or girl... and I have absolutely NO CLUE! My pregnancy has been similar to Caroline's so far, but I'm not sure if it would be different with a boy or not. We will just have to wait and see!

8. Since the half marathon, I have enjoyed lots of rest from running. I hope to keep up with about 3 miles during the rest of my pregnancy, but this next week is definitely going to be a rest week!

9. I have been in Mobile part of this week visiting my parents while Blake is out of town for work. We have had lots of fun hanging out and shopping while Janny is on spring break!

10. My latest craving is a hot dog (yea yea... I know you aren't supposed to eat them while you're pregnant) from Dew Drop Inn in Mobile. They put coleslaw on their hot dogs and they are AWESOME! I know it sounds weird, but they are really yummy! I have to admit that I actually ate TWO of them. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment