Friday, January 20, 2012

Caroline Grace Thaxton

Wednesday was one of the best days of my pregnancy so far. We had our first ultrasound and found out that we are having a baby GIRL! What a great day!! Her name is Caroline Grace and her due date was changed a little based on her measurements... so she is now due June 27. I wanted to share a few of the pictures from our ultrasound and give everyone an update on everything.

First off, Miss Caroline is breech and very low! So it was a challenge to get good pictures, but I am very pleased with how her first photo shoot went! ;)
 Here is Caroline's profile! We saw her open and close her mouth and move her arms and legs alot! It is so crazy to see her move and not feel it yet! I can't wait until I can feel her. 
 Sheila, the U/S tech, was great at showing us all the little details on little Caroline that we can see. We saw her 4 chamber heart and her heart rate was 144.
 Here you can see sweet Caroline's spine and ribs. She is all scrunched up in there!! Sheila measured her arms and legs and said everything looked great. She counted 10 fingers and 10 toes. She said her head and brain development looks great. She said her umbilical cord has 3 vessels (normal) and my placenta is posterior (all normal and good). 
 This shot face on is a little scary... just kinda looks like a skeleton face since you can't see her eyelids. Really, her eyes are still closed and eyelids fused together, but here she looks like she has some bug eyes! haha!
 My little breech baby all balled up! Her bottom is down right now so her feet were up my her face in almost all the pictures.
 This is one my favorites. Right before she froze this to take the picture she was kicking her foot, waving her hand, and opening and closing her mouth! How crazy!!
 Another one of my favorites... This is the bottom of her foot so it looks like a little footprint! Her foot is about the size of your pinky nail to give you some perspective. So precious!
This is a similar foot picture with both her feet up in the air... I can't wait to put little socks on those sweet feet in about 5 months!! :) Sorry if that was picture overload or if none of the pictures made sense to you. I have studied them so much and watched the ultrasound video over and over again! I am already so in love with Caroline Grace and can't wait to be her mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment