Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 8

A place you have traveled to

Today is all about travel! I am going to tell you ALL the places I have been... I'm sure I will forget one or two along the way. In the United States, I have been to Orlando, Colorado, Washington DC, Gatlinburg (Tennessee), New York City, and Philadelphia. One place I have never been to, but would love to visit is TEXAS! We are planning a trip out to Dallas next September for Judd and Amanda's wedding! So I will get my wish soon to see the great state of Texas.

Outside of the United States, I have been to Hong Kong and Ecuador. I lived in Hong Kong in the summer of 2007 for about a month teaching English to teenagers. It was an incredible experience that taught me so much about the Lord and so much about myself. I went to Ecuador this past March with the school of nursing on a medical mission trip. We ran a women's health clinic where we did physical exams, did health teaching, and had a "Bible school" type teaching for their children. I had such a great time last year that I am going again this year!! =) It is the first week in March, and I can't wait to be there! This year will be different because I am going to be in more of a leadership/administrative role. I can't wait to see all the Lord will do and teach me through our time preparing for the trip and our time spent in Ecuador.

I don't have pictures from all the places I have been... but here are a few of my favorite shots:
Me and Dad in Times Square
Me, my cousin Rachel, and Mom in Disney World... one of my favorite places in the world!
Skiing in Breckenridge, Colorado- Bradley, Tom, Sam, Laura, Me, and Chris
I went on this trip with my best friend, Laura, and her family. It was such a fun trip!! Can't wait to go skiing this year after Christmas!
At Code's Cove in Gatlinburg on our honeymoon
We went horseback riding up a mountain in Gatlinburg too... it was amazing!
The girls on my team in Hong Kong
All my students I taught in Hong Kong... miss them so much!
Mountaintop view of Quito, Ecuador

 Me, Katie, and Abbe doing some health teaching at the health clinic in Ecuador
Ok, I think that's all I have time to share for now. Hope you enjoyed traveling with me around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment