Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 4

My Parents
My mom and dad have been such a blessing in my life. I have always had a great relationship with them and appreciate them more and more each day. My mom, Janice, is the guidance counselor at the high school where I graduated. She is an amazing picture of what a Godly woman, wife, and mother is, and I continue to learn so much from watching her life. She is the greatest prayer warrior and always has the right encouraging word for me. I absolutely love driving to and back from work because this is the time that I get to spend talking with Mom and getting to hear all about her day. Not living in the same town is difficult, but we survive by replaying our days during our talks. I hope I can be as wonderful of a mom as she is!
My dad, James, is such a great father and husband. Many of the qualities I wanted in a husband (which I found in Blake), I saw in watching my dad lead our family. He is a great role model. He also has the best sense of humor (don't tell him I said that...) Haha! He LOVES puns... seriously. You will just have to meet him if you have never experienced this for yourself. In all seriousness, he is the greatest Dad I could ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment