Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 3

Day 3: My first love

1 John 4:8 - Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Considering this verse, I did not know what true love was until I surrendered my life to God when I was 12 years old. So at that point in my life, I discovered my first love in Jesus Christ and what he did for me on the cross.

1 John 3:16 - This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.

While I can never love perfectly, I strive to love my husband, family, and friends with this type of sacrificial love Christ displayed for us. Blake has taught me so much about love in the 4 years we have been together and this past year of marriage. Marriage has challenged me and taught me so much about what true love means. True love is not always pretty... it's doing the dishes when you don't feel like it, staying up late working through disagreements, loving in unlovely circumstances, and forgiving mistakes. But don't get me wrong, love is also more beautiful than anything I could ever imagine. It gives you those butterflies in your stomach, peace that everything is right because you are together, and anxious excitement about all the future might hold. The best feeling is knowing that Blake will be by my side through it all. That is true love.


1 comment:

  1. You're 30 day challenge is so fun to read so far :) hope you are having fun!!

    ReplyDelete