Friday, February 12, 2010

Jehovah Jireh: The Lord That Provides

A few days ago, I had a conversation with some friends about the Lord's provision. So often, we feel that we have to take things into our own hands to somehow "help God" accomplish his purpose. I have found that this will never work. Just to share a little personal story, last summer... Blake was working for a seed and feed company here in Auburn. He was looking for another job with better pay and benefits, and the Lord provided a landscaping crew leader job with another company here. He took the job about 2 weeks before our wedding and then got another job offer right before the wedding from another landscaping company. The Lord provided a job (actually TWO jobs) in HIS perfect timing. That is the key... the Lord's timing. He want the Lord to provide for our needs, but on OUR timing. That is not how our God works. Blake felt he had given his word to the first company, so he took the job with them. It wasn't his dream job, and right after thanksgiving... he actually changed jobs to the second company that offered him a job. It has been incredible to see the Lord work in both of our lives through trusting the Lord to provide for all our needs when it didn't really seem possible.

Whenever I think about the Lord's provision, I am reminded of the story of Abraham and Isaac. Abraham had waiting so long for God to bless him with a son, and then God told him to sacrifice his only son. Abraham was faithful and took Isaac on the mountain to sacrifice him. Just before he was about to sacrifice his son, the Lord provided a ram caught in the thicket to be sacrificed in his place. Wow!! At the last possible second before Isaac was sacrificed, the Lord came through and provided a way out. He will do the same for you. When everything seems to be going against you and you can't find a way out... the Lord will provide. I must say that it may not be in the way that you want though. That is definitely something God has taught me. I don't have all the answers. I do not perfectly trust the Lord... but I am striving. I know He is faithful. I know He loves you. I know He will provide for your every need. Don't trust my words... trust Him.

When I was talking about Isaac being Abraham's only son, I made me think about a baby I got to meet the other day. Sweet Conner...
This is Jim's (Blake's aunt's boyfriend) grandson. Isn't he soooo precious!! Blake is holding him in this picture, and this is actually the youngest baby Blake has ever held. Conner was only 2 weeks old here. I looooove babies and am sooo excited that I get to do my preceptorship (internship for nursing school) in the Mother/Baby unit at EAMC here in Opelika!!! I start next weekend and cannot wait! I'll let you know how it goes next weekend!

Well... It is snowing outside right now and Blake is about to be home from work. So I am going to go play!! Here is a sneak peek at what the snow looks like right now in Auburn. I'll post more pictures later!

No comments:

Post a Comment