Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Endings and New Beginnings

Today was my last day of college class... EVER!! I can't believe it. This weekend, we start our nursing preceptorship (fancy word for internship). I am doing mine at East Alabama Medical Center here in Opelika in the Mother/Baby unit. I am sooo excited about it! I start on Saturday, so I'll have to let you know how it goes. While one chapter of my life is about to close, another is about to open. So because this was my last day of class, it has gotten me thinking lots about the future. Tonight I have been working on my resume, looking for jobs, and looking for a place to live.

Good news... there are nursing jobs available! There are not many in Auburn, but there are options in Columbus and Montgomery. I am hoping to stay in the OB area to some degree... either labor and delivery, postpartum, or nursery. We'll see what the Lord has for me!

As for a place to live... not so much luck. I looked  online at lots of different realty companies in Auburn, and there are definitely plenty of options. It's just so hard to decide. I'll keep you posted on any new developments.

Talking about college ending and the "real world" beginning reminds me of Ecclesiastes 3... there is "a season for every activity under heaven." So we can always remember this season, here is a picture of my close friends in nursing school.

We had a presentation today so that would explain the dress clothes and nametags. I love you girls so much and can't believe we're all about to part ways and grow up to be real nurses!! Nursing school would not have been the same without y'all. Now I have to get some sleep before clinicals at 7 in the morning! Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Katherine,
    This is such an exciting time for you and Iknow the Lord has just the right place and will reveal it in due time. It must be a fabulous feeling to know you are finished with school!
    xx

    ReplyDelete