Thursday, August 12, 2010

A New Beginning

I am about 2 weeks late in writing this post, but whatever happened to the phrase- "Better late than never." So forgive me that it has taken so long, but here is the update on our apartment. We moved in 2 weeks ago, and have been loving every minute since then! The Lord truly has blessed us with a wonderful new home. I just wanted to share some pictures with y'all... so come along for the tour. This is our new beginning.

Welcome to the Thaxton home! 
The wreath was actually used on the outside doors at the church last year at our wedding.

From the front door to the left is the dining area. (Those are my beautiful anniversary flowers from Blake! They were such a wonderful surprise!)

From the front door to the right is the living room

 Our AMAZING kitchen! So in love with our countertops and all of our new appliances!

Such a great pantry!

 It's the little things that matter... like having an ice maker =)

 Guest bathroom between the kitchen and guest bedroom. (I left out a picture of the guest bedroom for now. It is still a work in progress...)


Off of the living room... we have a "sunroom"

 The sunroom will soon be home to my sewing machine! =) Also, the wicker is a paint job in progress... it won't be all different colors like that for long.

 The "bar"/decorative area/storage between the living room and master bedroom

 The laundry room across from the bar. This is a HUGE upgrade from the "laundry hall" we had before.

 The master bedroom

 Other half of the master bedroom

Master bathroom


Well that ends our tour!! I hope you enjoyed. Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. good job not being a slacker :) :)
    of course you know i love just about everything about yalls new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how cute your new home is!! Love Love Love it! Now, I have to come see it! I like the kitchen a lot! I bet that is a NICE change! Oh, and the shower curtain in the guest bathroom is adorable! I am sure you are loving all of your space!!

    ReplyDelete